* The man who hands us the newspapers in the morning's name is Roland, which is not what I was expecting.
This morning, we're stuck at a red light up the block from where he hands us the papers. He leans into the window. The light turns green and he tells us to take him to the corner. He then holds onto the window and surfs the van back to the corner (not quite as extreme as Teen Wolf but not too far away), going "WOOOOOOOAHHHH" the entire way.
* A woman I've only seen once or twice before is on today. She turns to the back to another semi-regular.
"You asked me what I've been up to since the last time you saw me," she says. "Well, I don't know how to tell you this on the van. So I'll tell you the next time I see you."
* The internal machinations of Morris County, NJ country clubs is also widely discussed. One man, in particular, talks at length about issues he had with the manager of a local club.
"She once told me that me and my boys couldn't go swimming during a certain hour. But I looked at the club bylaws and let the board know she was violating them. But they didn't care."
He then brings up at least four experiences where he had to cite country club bylaws to the board of trustees, and the never cared.
* The May 21 End Days prophecies are another major topic of discussion.
I haven't heard much about the May 21 prophecies and ask what they're about. People then explain it to me.
"Don't worry, Gregg," one man says. "The guy who is predicting all of this stuff was wrong in 1994."
* Residents of Mountain Lakes are inundated with people going door-to-door looking to discuss May 21, according to residents who ride The Vanpool.
"Have you ever seen those gypsies that come around selling stolen property," someone asks.